Comprehensive Beginners Course
Comprehensive Beginners Course
Most beginners have problems improving at chess because they simply lack the foundation needed to build upon. They have bits and pieces of knowledge, but that’s not enough to see a sustainable progress. Those beginners tend to study wrong things, in the wrong way. They are spending countless hours on openings and tactics, while what they really need is getting the fundamentals straight.
And I can’t blame them… it’s not their fault! There is a huge gap in chess courses.
There is almost nothing out there for beginners: unrated – 1400 elo range. You are forced to study many different chess books, online lectures and DVDs with tons of contradictory ideas, and it’s all gets very confusing, very fast… and honestly gets you nowhere.
It doesn’t have to be that way!
How awesome would it be to have a single chess course which will take you straight from unrated to 1400 level?
This course will take you literally from 0 elo to a club player’s strength! Chess training doesn’t have to be hard and unpleasant. What previously took many months or even years to achieve is now possible in just few weeks!
In fact, all the material you need to reach a club players’ strength fits in our brand new 10 hour video course! IM Lilov spent months revising over ten years of his coaching experience to produce this Comprehensive Beginner’s Course. It is based on his renowned approach for beginners’ training, which already produced dozens of strong and very strong players!
Over 99% of chess courses assume that you have some experience with chess. They assume you already know how pieces move, what a pin is, what isolated pawns are, what strong and weak squares are, what centralization is, what under-promotion is and list goes on and on.
This training course is totally different!
International Master Valeri Lilov assumes you know nothing about the game. And I mean NOTHING. He teaches you everything you need to know for becoming a club strength player from ground up in the most efficient way. Indeed, that won’t happen overnight, and you will need to play practice games, do homework and so on. Trust me; this is by far the quickest shortcut you can take to go from absolute zero to club player strength!
IM Lilov starts with the most basic things and dive into advanced stuff when you’re ready.
Others spend months if not years learning those things the hard way… we give you a complete course covering it all in just 10 hours of video!
Comprehensive Beginner's Course: 0 - 1400 ELO
Instant download of a complete 10+ hour video course that will teach you everything a 1400 rated chess player needs to know. 23 video lessons that will take you literally from 0 to club player’s strength! No fluff, only concrete knowledge!
Access to Supplementary Materials
Get access to special resources such as practicum and training exercises to reinforce concepts presented in the course.
PGN Files for All Examples From The Video
Download examples covered in the video course in PGN notation, so that you can analyze it at your convenience.
PGN files for Practical Section
Download PGN files for practical section and homework
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- LESSON 1: Setting Up the Board and Pieces
Learn How the Pieces Move
- LESSON 3: The Rules of Check, Mate, Draw and Stalemate
- LESSON 4: Evaluate Good vs. Bad Exchanges
- LESSON 5: The Special Rules - Castling, En passant, Promotion
- LESSON 6: The Rules of Attack, Capture and Defense
- LESSON 7: Getting to Know Elementary Tactics
- LESSON 8: Pawn Structure Fundamentals
- LESSON 9: Common Middlegame Attacks
- LESSON 10: Strategies for Winning Material
- LESSON 11: Executing a Successful Attack
- LESSON 12: Coordinating the Pieces
- LESSON 13: Playing against Weaknesses
- LESSON 14: Basic Opening Ideas
- LESSON 15: Importance of Development
- LESSON 16: Importance of the Center
- LESSON 17: Efficient Opening Strategies for 1400-1500
- LESSON 18: The Secret to Power Play
- LESSON 19: Setting Up a Positional Plan
- LESSON 20: Common Endgame Plans and Ideas
- LESSON 21: Key Ideas about Pawn Structures
- LESSON 22: The Key of Imbalances of a King
- LESSON 23: Suggestions for Endgame Improvement
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
If You Are...
- A complete beginner that barely knows (or doesn’t know) how chess pieces move
- Lose games to low rated players due to blunders, strategic mistakes and other oversights
- Stuck at under 1400 elo for very-very long time
- Have trouble with fundamentals such as forks, pins, development, basic endgames, etc.
- Want to reach club player’s strength fast
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above this course is for you! Even if you are slightly above 1400 elo, but feel like you need brush up your fundamentals this course is the chance!
Don’t grab the Calculus book until you get your Algebra straightened out!
This course is “Algebra I” for chess players. If you are not proficient at chess fundamentals, you won’t be seeing improvement any time soon! However, if you are, you will benefit from many of the advanced courses (that you may already have) much greater!